18 December 2014

Slowly heading for Christmas

Winter so far is jus ugly - grey, rainy and disgusting. BUT the right weather to quilt (love the new Bernina 550 QE that is an advanced birthday present I can already use :-) and to do more watercolor sketches. Only one lesson left - I'll have to wait until February 6 to continue with the next class.
The baby quilt is progressing and looks good so far.
So here are  more shoes and one kind of mixed media piece - a sketch with stitching added, some straight stitches and algerian eyelets. When I did that lily I should have turned the paper to the portrait version instead of landscape plus the black and white border didn't really fit. But after revisiting it and giving it a new look I can live with it.

Hiking boot

Summer

My booties

Lily with stitches and loops
By the way - what about inventing self- cleaning dogs??
Back to quilt-related topic - here are two of my recycled circles that I made after watching Jane LaFazio's video. Lots of TAST stitches, too.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, a gray winter is depressing, but great for staying home and playing with Bernina and watercolours.
    Your TAST samplers are fantastic. I have to check out that video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such skill with the pencil and paint brush and also the needle, what would we do without the tast stitches to inspire us I wonder

    ReplyDelete