22 September 2012

New Project

Last weekend I visited the Carrefour Européen du Patchwork in Sainte-Marie-Aux-Mines in France with my friend Barbara. Though we didn't manage to view all there was (which would have needed days!) we enjoyed the exhibitions very much. So much to see and to think about! Something that impressed me absolutely were the precision quilts of Kumiko Frydl. Absolutely incredible.
Maybe I'll be able to take part in a workshop one day?
There was a commercial area too, of course and I got me the pattern and fabric for a bag - being a quilter and embroiderer I should have one quilted bag at least. Of course I couldn't just simply follow the how-to, I had to do it my own way.
This is how far I got until now:
A cover formed as irregular triangle will be added plus a shoulder strap
I'll have to think about the back and how to embroider the sides and the shoulder strap.

No comments:

Post a Comment